What Makes CHI Different
What makes CHI different from other employers – even from other health care employers? Here’s what some of our employees say:
I have been in many hospitals, but there is just something different about this one.
I am grateful for the Morning Prayer because it helps ground me before starting my day.
Through the years, I have heard dozens of unsolicited comments about our office culture. Some call it a ‘mood,’ some an ‘atmosphere,’ and others a ‘feeling.’ But their meaning is always the same: they look forward to coming to our office because they feel a wonderful calm as soon as they walk in.
I found myself coming alive again when I heard the mission statement of Catholic Health Initiatives. A true sense of mission was coming back into my work.
While the “atmosphere” or “feeling” of CHI can be hard to define, we know there are some specific things that make CHI different:
- Our mission to create healthy communities.
- The reflections that begin all of our management and leadership meetings.
- Our core values, which are the basis of all of our decisions and actions.
- Our celebrations including annual feast days:
- World Day of Healing, Feb. 11
- Birthday of CHI, May 1
- Labor Day
- Our national office and our facilities regularly give back to their communities through activities such as collecting winter coats, school supplies or Christmas gifts for children in need; sprucing up the homes of people who cannot perform their own home maintenance; or helping to construct a Habit for Humanity house. These activities vary, but are ongoing.
- Annual “Staff Renewal” days in CHI’s national offices give employees time to refresh their perspectives or work together on a community project.
- Our annual collections of Sacred Stories, written by employees and other members of the CHI family about their experiences with lived spirituality in our workplace.
- Opportunities for career growth that include continuing education and sabbaticals.
Back To Top