For Vendors & Suppliers
CHI’s Supply Chain Group builds and maintains a strategically and operationally integrated supply chain that adds value to the organization through a variety of initiatives and best practices. At CHI, supply chain encompasses systemwide sourcing and contracting for supplies, equipment and purchased services. Supply Chain is also responsible for supply chain operations, pharmacy, clinical engineering and facilities management.
CHI stresses fairness in vendor selection and is open to working with any qualified vendor that meets our criteria. While CHI establishes contracts of varying terms and lengths, each contract is reviewed regularly and is typically opened to all qualified vendors.
Criteria for Prospective Vendors
- Support and adhere to CHI’s Mission and Core Values
- Attend required training as appropriate
- Demonstrate supplier diversity
- Demonstrate sustainability through green programs
- Demonstrate fair and equitable behaviors
- Provide quality products and/or services
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Demonstrate financial strength and long-term viability
- Be an ethical provider in good standing
- Have an efficient national distribution system that can accommodate CHI’s volume without substantive delays or back orders
- Provide a dedicated point of contact to CHI
- Conduct all negotiations, evaluations and contract administration work with CHI’s national contracting staff
- Integrate with CHI’s automated systems where appropriate
- Support the products that are under contract without promoting products or services not under contract
- Provide detailed performance reports
- Use creative approaches to improve service, quality and cost savings initiatives
- Able to work with HealthTrust Purchasing Group (HPG), CHI’s group purchasing organization
- Comply with CHI and facility vendor access requirements and policies
How to Approach CHI
- CHI contracts are established through HealthTrust Purchasing Group (HPG) whenever possible. We encourage all potential vendors to first approach HPG to explore GPO contracting opportunities.
- CHI’s national Supply Chain institutes and maintains systemwide agreements. To explore such an agreement, contact CHI’s national office vendor information line listed above before reaching out locally.
Back To Top